Apply to Taiwan AI x Robotics Accelerator
Taiwan AI x Robotics Accelerator (TAIRA) is accepting applications for the 2018 program. It will take place in Tainan, Taiwan from June–November in 2018.
If you want to apply, please submit your application online by April 16.
Taiwan AI x Robotics Accelerator (TAIRA) is an accelerator program designed to fast track startups working on AI and Robotics solutions. Taking place at AI ROBOT@STSP, a base in the Southern Taiwan Science Park (STSP) established with the purpose of encouraging innovation and cultivating talent related to AI and Robotics, TAIRA seeks to support startups through equity-free funding, product development resources, and early engagement with potential enterprise clients.
Southern Taiwan Science Park (STSP) established in 1997 which has 222 companies in 3 locations, total over 1,500 hectares. The industries of settlement are semiconductor, optoelectronic, energy, communication, precision machinery, biological technology and computer peripherals, etc.
1.Online Application period: until April 16, 2018
2.Presentation review period: Onsite pitch or Skype interview in late April – early May.
3.You must be willing to travel to Taiwan for the following:
- TAIRA final pitch on June 15, if selected
- June 2018 – November 2018 (2-4 months)
- TAIRA Demo Day in November, presenting to investors and corporate
What We Offer
- An equity-free grant up to 100K USD towards product development, travel, accommodations, and living costs, etc.
- Technology development support and access to resources from IBM, NVIDIA, Asus, Microsoft, Himax, and more
- Brainstorm with enterprise executives through design thinking to match your solution with real needs
- Development and manufacturing support
- Technology-driven startup with a strong founding team, intellectual property, and a product that is close to/already in the market
- Startup must have the bench strength on the founding/ executive team to send at least one founder/senior member of the management team to the Taiwan.
- The startup must be willing to develop a tech cooperation with corporate in STSP
*TAIRA is executed by StarFab Accelerator, which accelerates smart solutions to drive innovation through a series of programs designed to bridge the gap between corporate and startups.